How to Use a Pendulum?
How do you use a Pendulum?
We get asked this question a lot
There are a few ways to think about and use pendulums. Some people believe a pendulum is influenced by entities and guides around you, helping to make the answers of your questions apparent to you.
We like to describe it as a tool, an extension of self. We believe that it can help make the minute movements of our body more visible which show our innately known answers to our own questions. This plays off the idea that each person has all of the answers to every question in the universe we just need to slow down and connect to receive them.
Ok now what do you physically do to work with a pendulum?
- Best practice is to make sure if you are using a crystal pendulum to cleanse it before use.
- Ground yourself down.
- Plant your feet firmly on the ground about hips distance apart.
- Relax your shoulders and unclench your jaw.
- Take a deep breath
- Hold your pendulum in whatever hand feels comfortable, a lot of people like to use their dominate hand
- You will hold the pendulum either over your other palm or over a pendulum board
- Now is the time to clearly ask it to show you its "Yes." You will watch it as it moves to present its "yes movement."
- Next you can ask it to show you its "No". You will watch as it presents the "no movement."
- We suggest you now test it by asking its a very simple question with a yes or no answer that you know like "Is my name Lou?". This will help you feel more connected with it and help you recognize its "yes movement" better.
- Now ask any question you want. But remember keep it simple and direct. It has to be a yes or no answer.
- If your pendulum is moving erratic rephrase, make it more direct, maybe you need to try a different wording.
Try it out! Let us know how it goes for you and if you have any questions please feel free to stop in the shop or reach out and we will gladly talk it through with you. And of course, if you want to dive deeper we have some wonderful books, and are happy to make reccomandations.