Heather’s Good Sleep Suggestions
Sleep is such an important part of our well-being, but can sometimes be hard to come by. Here are some of Heather’s recommendations and rituals for easing into, and staying asleep.
Do your best to keep your room tidy and zen. Clutter can disrupt sleep much more than one would think. Your bedroom should be considered a sacred space and cared for in that way. Make your bed in the morning!!
- Do energy clearings in the room often- ring bells, burn sacred herbs or chant to help move stagnant energies on their way.
- Avoid caffeine and sweets as much as possible.
- Drink calming and sleep-inducing herbs like lemon balm or skull cap that you can find at Willowtree Market an hour before bedtime.
- Having a Epsom salt bath with candles can set the mood.
- Keep all cell phone and other electronics in another room.
One of my favorite rituals is to use Pixie Lighthorse’s book Prayers Of Honoring like an oracle, by opening to any page and reading that prayer aloud knowing that is something I need in that moment. Reading aloud can help to stimulate the vagus nerve, which in turn, sends signals to the parasympathetic nervous system to calm and relax the body and mind. I also know that our spirit guides are standing by waiting to assist us and so after the reading, I request a deep and restful sleep. If I wake up in the night and can’t go back to sleep, I will often call in those guides again for their help. Before too long, I am drifting back off and waking refreshed and ready to meet the day once again.